Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Moore at the Gardens



I visited the Denver Botanical Gardens a couple of weeks ago, before the weather changed and winter arrived. I went to enjoy the serenity of the gardens and had forgotten that the Henry Moore sculptures were there. Henry Moore was an English sculptor and artist, who is known for the abstract monumental bronze works that are used as public art around the world. (I got that out of wikipedia). The Denver Botanical Gardens has some of these works on display and so it was a treat for me to see them.

I took a lot of pictures that are posted below. I noted in the reading that this set of sculptures were first displayed at the New York Botanical Gardens, and then Atlanta. Denver is their last stop before they travel back home to England by boat.





















No comments: