Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Prince of Tides

I just finished reading "The Prince of Tides" by Pat Conroy. I came across the book in the grocery store, and decided that maybe it was time I read it. It was really good--one of those stories that you can't put down. I have only read one other of Conroy's books: "Beach Music" and I don't know why I haven't read all of his books as I like the two so much.

I put the movie on my Netflix queue, but I am going to be very skeptical when I watch it. Conroy used the discussions between the main character and his sister's psychiatrist as a tool to tell the story. Hollywood made that relationship THE STORY, which was pretty stupid. The real story in the book is much more fabulous than the relationship between Tom Wingo and the psychiatrist played by Barbara Streisand--there that explains everything, doesn't it!

No comments: