Friday, January 16, 2009

Back in Muhlenberg County, Down by the Green River, where Paradise Lay

I am back in Kentucky--it feels good. It was a hassle getting here--I won't travel through Chicago again in the wintertime, if I have a choice. On top of the travel delays and stress of worrying whether I was going to miss my connection, the weather here is very Chicago-like. Yesterday the high was 14 degrees, with a wind blowing that nearly did me in when my father insisted on bundling up and going for a walk. It only gets this cold here a couple of times a year--and I am here during one of those times.

I am indeed staying in Muhlenberg county, at my sister's house in the country outside of Calhoun. It is so nice to wake up and be in the country, and watch my brother-in-law go out in the morning and feed the cows. I have two little dogs and two sweet cats here to love on when I miss my own pets.

Being in Kentucky always gives me a list of topics to write about. The landscape, the people here are just different but also familiar to me. I am glad to be here and spend time with my family and marvel over the differences from my home in Colorado.

No comments: